Sunday 12 September 2010

Two Countries, One Weekend

I'm back fans from a weekend filled with travel. Just me, Vy and our trusty little hatchback rental...oh yeah and Rob, the gps. Friday morning we set out to Tarifa, the city located at the most southern tip of Spain. Tarifa is a 35 min ferry ride away from Morocco. It is pretty insane-o to be able to see Africa in the distance!!!
                                                                           In Gibraltar

Oh boy is Tarifa windy!!!! It was worth it to be standing with the Mediterranean Sea on our left, the Strait of Gibraltar in front, and Atlantic Ocean on the right. The wind didn't allow us to stay for long. Next stop, Bolonia, a small city located outside of Tarifa.



We decided to add some education to our ventures and visited a Roman ruin site. After quickly perusing the site, it was time to hit the beach!!! After a very profound discussion, Vy and I have decided that the Pacific Ocean is better than the Atlantic...we may be bias.

Lesson of the day: So, after you swim in the ocean, it may not be the best idea to hike up a sand dune in a bikini and huge gusts of winds. I felt like a supermodel hiking to an exotic location and trying to look good while  I was in pain from the sand hitting my bare skin and sticking. The only slight difference was my photographer, aka Vy, didn't care to take pictures of me.


Next day, new country! With our passports in hand, Gibraltar (UK) let us on their land. So weird to be forced to speak Spanish in Spain then by the afternoon, I am free to speak English in the UK. Gibraltar was cool. Befriended some apes, learned some history and ate some fish n'chips.



Our last night in Tarifa ended with a bunch of shots of "jota,b y absolute," pizza and falling asleep eating nachos in bed! 

ABSURD THINGS THAT COME OUT OF VY'S MOUTH!
" I want each nationality to get a chance to have a piece of me. So I can spread my goods to every race. Each person gets a "stab." --Vy always about being fair.

                                        " I know we are going the wrong way. The hostal is that way!

gotta love how the Tarifa people party...read this

                                              " The kitchen is open until the cook is drunk"

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA love the pictures! The monkey camera pic is adorable! That sign is hilarious! And your pic in the plaza as gorgeous!

    ll

    ReplyDelete